If you own an Exynos Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8 Plus, or Galaxy Note 8 and have been itching to try out a closer-to-stock version of Android 11, well, you now can. After a bunch of leaks and teasers, Xiaomi released the Redmi Note 8 Pro alongside the Redmi Note 8, RedmiBook laptop and Redmi TV at an event in China. The Redmi Note 8 Pro is the latest flagbearer of one of Xiaomi’s most successful product lineups, succeeding devices like the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro. In line with recent practice from the Chinese OEM, Xiaomi has released the kernel sources of the Redmi Note 8 Pro’s Android Pie release. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 series has been one of the best-selling products in its segment in the country, and the Redmi Note series to date has sold over a 100 Million devices globally.
Once the flashing process is completed, you will be able to see the Success Message in Xiaomi Flash Tool. Always backup existing firmware files firmware before flashing any firmware. You should install a provided USB Driver on your computer before the flashing process. Do not need to re-install USB Driver if you installed it before.
The team behind the popular LineageOS custom ROM has added LineageOS 17.1 support for the OnePlus 7T Pro, Redmi Note 8/8T, and Xperia Z3 series. Xiaomi kicked off its Android 11 update rollout with the Mi 10, Mi 10 Pro, and the Redmi K30 Pro in September last year. The company has since rolled out MIUI 12-flavored Android 11 for a couple of devices, including the Mi 10 Lite, Mi Note 10 Lite, Redmi Note 9 Pro/Redmi Note 9S, and more. Continuing the update flow, the Chinese OEM is now rolling out Android 11 via MIUI 12’s stable channel for the Mi 10T Lite, Mi Note 10, and the Redmi Note 8 in select regions. Remember that running the stock firmware for your phone is not the same as running stock Android itself—it still includes the skin, apps, and other tweaks your phone’s manufacturer has added.
- The device come with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of Storage can be expandable via SD card.
- On this page, you can find the official link to download Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Stock Firmware ROM (Flash File) on your computer.
- Due to its stability and performance, many other custom ROMs use LineageOS code as their base, some of them are Resurrection Remix and crDroid.
- The company gives a lot for customer care services and provides maximum effort that its products stay intact with current market requirements, despite the fact that it was released long before.
Now Tap on ‘Flash’ at the top right to start the flashing process. If you don’t want to Delete Data from your phone then chose the “save user data” option, in case if you want to Lock the bootloader of your phone then choose the “Clean all and Lock” option. After verifying the package and your permissions, it will ask you to reboot the device. You have successfully installed Stock ROM on your Xiaomi smartphone using Mi Flash Tool. If you have any doubts while using the Mi Flash Tool, do let us know in the below comments. Download the Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool Latest Version and USB Drivers on your PC.
- The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Driver can be helpful if you’re trying to transfer your files from the Mobile to the Computer or from the Computer to the Xiaomi Device.
- Flashing supports those who aim at the highest optimization in the operating system.
- Despite the obstacles, flashing a factory image is the best option if you ever need to completely reset your device.
- Fastboot ROM for India (IN) Redmi Note 8 Pro is Stable release and needed to flashed under the Fastboot mode of your Redmi Note 8 Pro (begoniain) device.
- Custom recovery is a very stable recovery and can be used on supported devices.
Although Android’s newest iteration is available to only a handful of devices so far, the aftermarket development community is already hard at work releasing custom ROMs for older smartphones. Over the last few weeks, a bunch of phones have received custom ROMs based on Android 13. The venerable Samsung Galaxy S7, Galaxy S8, and the Galaxy Note 8 are the latest to join the Android 13 custom ROM party.